Question about P2P persistant groups

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Oct 18 14:59:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:00:57PM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> Given that the higher-level manager is usually storing the connection
> information elsewhere (since it needs to store IPv4, proxy, IPv6, and
> other stuff in the same place as the wifi settings) it probably makes
> sense to save persistent information about P2P stuff with the higher
> level connection manager as well.  At least the supplicant should
> provide that capability, which I'm pretty sure it already does through
> the calls to get network properties.  We'd need to make sure that when
> the supplicant *does* change the persistent P2P info in it's config that
> it sends a signal over the D-Bus control interface or socket control
> interface so that the higher levels know they need to read that info and
> save it.

I would assume everything else is already there apart from maybe not
being able to retrieve psk or the special disabled=2 value (or set
disabled=2 for that matter) to distinguish this is a persistent group.
The full data is also available through ctrl_interface now, but maybe
not with D-Bus yet (well, neither is any other P2P functionality).