Suport to DWL-520 Rev. E1

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Jul 23 22:07:44 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 22:01 -0300, Rafael Pulchinelli wrote:

> I wrote a message asking/showing my problems with this card, but i
> think the moderator didn't read or don't authorized, cause its too
> many big with all messages from kernel and others...
>
> Can someone tell me if the support for this card are discontinued???
> (Ubuntu 10.04 - Generic Kernels and 2.6.34.1)

This list is mostly about hostapd and wpa_supplicant.  Problems with
drivers are discussed in linux-wireless at vger.kernel.org

I'm not aware of support for any devices being dropped from the hostap
driver (I assume that's what you are using).

> I've been tried for weeks, and haven't sucess to load up this card
> (but in older versions i have success for years, this same card works
> flawlessly in WindowsXP on the same machine).

Please give information about the failure, i.e. what you do and what
your observe.  Output of iwconfig and the relevant parts of the kernel
log (shown by the dmesg command) could be useful.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin