Android & talking to wpa_supplicant for TTLS / PEAP / TLS (Runtime+wpa_cli / JNI / LocalSocket(Unix domain socket) / wpa_supplicant.conf?)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Feb 20 02:27:37 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:50:10PM +0100, Aäron Jansen (Gmail) wrote:

> I would like to connect to a WPA2-EAP secured network (with authentication methods TTLS / PEAP / TLS), but since the device will be used by several users, the user credentials will be supplied by the user in my app, instead of by wpa_suplicant.conf.

> - Solution 3: Talking directly to the control interface of wpa_suplicant using Unix domain sockets. I found that the Android API supplies us with the LocalSocket class for this. However, I have no idea how to cummunicate with the wpa_supplicant control interface domain socket. (I will also post this on a wpa_supplicant forum).

Please take a look at
http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/ctrl_iface_page.html

You can configure rest of the network parameters, but leave out identity
and password in which case, wpa_supplicant will request those when they
are needed (see "Interactive requests" on the page).

Alternatively, you can build the full network configuration using the
control interface (see ADD_NETWORK, SET_NETWORK,
ENABLE_NETWORK/SELECT_NETWORK).