New cipher in RSN IE

alan furlong alan250985 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 04:04:15 EST 2009

Thanks for the reply !

I did not mean the new cipher suite type value would be 6, it is
likely to be anything between 6-255, and I would make sure the
collision would not take place. Is there a way to know what are the
reserved values that have been already taken? Any idea on what cipher
suite type the value "6" corresponds to?

My only goal is to see the the new cipher suite type in RSN IE
contained within the probe response or beacon frame, and for that
changes in hostapd would suffice? I am aware of that to accomplish the
confidentiality in the data path using the the new cipher, I need to
make changes in the driver code.

Thanks
- Alan