Problems with EAP-TLS

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Nov 17 15:45:27 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:59:18AM -0500, Christian Scheid wrote:

> I'm currently integrating the wpa supplicant with another software piece.
> For some reason the process doesn't complete the final step. I think it has
> to do with the fact that not all bytes from openssl are being processed. It
> sends the first batch of 1398 bytes but not the rest. (see trace below)

Could you please send a more verbose debug log and/or capture log
showing the EAP frames exchanged here? It looks like the authentication
server is either misbehaving or somehow dropping the last frame from the
supplicant and retransmitting an earlier EAP request (id=4 was already
used). Which authentication server is used here?