No authentication on Broadcom BCM5354

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 25 10:07:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 08:00:50PM +0200, Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> When I start wpa_supplicant, it successfully associates with my access
> point (a Cisco Aironet AP1131AG) but fails to authenticate. I've
> attached a debug log of both wpa_supplicant and the Cisco AP.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Does it fail because the wl.o driver does
> not support the mode of operation I'm trying to use? Any feedback on
> this would be appreciated.

I do not know what the driver is doing in this case, but at least based
on the wpa_supplicant debug log, the EAPOL frame sent by the AP (the
identity request mentioned in the Cisco debug log) is not delivered to
wpa_supplicant for some reason. This will need to be resolved before
wpa_supplicant can actually run through the authentication.