hostapd 0.6.7 with WPS support

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jan 21 03:49:29 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 06:40:00PM -0800, Tom Tang wrote:

> Actually WPS in hostadp 0.6.7 works perfectly, the reason why D-Link adapter can't
> associate to AP is that the adapter use "auto" as default encrypt method. After adding
> line "wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP" into hostapd conf file, everything works well.

This sounds like a potential interoperability issue. Could you please
describe the configuration that did not work in more detail? I would
also appreciate it if you could send me full debug log from hostapd for
both the failure and success cases (run hostapd with -ddK on the command
line and store the output to a file).