Can't obtain DHCP address

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Feb 9 14:30:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:12:15AM -0500, Dmitry Baryshev wrote:

> Don't know exactly, but wifi is served by "vntwusb" kernel module.

I'm not familiar with that driver, but it looks like an out-of-the-tree
vendor driver. Did it come with your distro or did you install the
driver yourself? Any idea which version this is?

> I pasted log here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/f10d96825

The log seems to indicate that there are some problems in getting
EAPOL-Key frames through. The first attempt goes through the 4-way
handshake, but there is no sign of group key handshake after that. The
second attempts doesn't get even through 4-way handshake.

I don't know how well this driver is supposed to work with standard
wpa_supplicant versions. The vendor tarball comes with a modified
version that has its own driver wrapper and various functional changes.