Issues with new D-Bus API

Witold Sowa witold.sowa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:03:52 EST 2009

Marcel Holtmann pisze:
> Hi Witold,
>
>>> so I have been hacking on a client using the new D-Bus API and found a
>>> couple of things that are sort of weird and could be done way simpler.
>>> Some of them seems just copied from the old API and I think it is time
>>> to fix this now before we actual get real users of this API.
>>>
>> I started to work on some patches to address some of those issues. You
>> can pull it from my git: git://repo.or.cz/hostap-gosc2009.git dbus
>> branch. I haven't tested it yet and I haven't modified python test scrip
>> to fit API changes too, but the documentation is up to date. There is
>> some duplicated code cleaning too.
>
> so far so good, but I did notice some issues.
>
> 1) BSS are now wrongly identified as ad-hoc. Seems there is a mixup.

Fixed. There was logical AND (&&) instead of bit AND (&).
> 2) The Signal property of a BSS needs to be int16_t (n) since the dBm
> values can be negative.

Fixed.

> 3) For some reason the new debug properties don't work in d-feet.

Works for me. Take note that d-feet doesn't show properties which value
is zero or false. If you run wpa_supplicant with -dd option then all
debug properties are zero or false. Try using other DBus debugger like
qdbusviewer or get these properties some other way then with d-feet.

> 4) The extra dict properties got added to InterfaceRemoved signal.

Fixed. The sent signal was correct. The introspection data was wrong.

Thanks and happy new year,
Witek.