Issues with new D-Bus API
marcel at holtmann.org
Thu Dec 31 05:40:28 EST 2009
> > so I have been hacking on a client using the new D-Bus API and found a
> > couple of things that are sort of weird and could be done way simpler.
> > Some of them seems just copied from the old API and I think it is time
> > to fix this now before we actual get real users of this API.
> I started to work on some patches to address some of those issues. You
> can pull it from my git: git://repo.or.cz/hostap-gosc2009.git dbus
> branch. I haven't tested it yet and I haven't modified python test scrip
> to fit API changes too, but the documentation is up to date. There is
> some duplicated code cleaning too.
so far so good, but I did notice some issues.
1) BSS are now wrongly identified as ad-hoc. Seems there is a mixup.
2) The Signal property of a BSS needs to be int16_t (n) since the dBm
values can be negative.
3) For some reason the new debug properties don't work in d-feet.
4) The extra dict properties got added to InterfaceRemoved signal.
More information about the HostAP