WPA authentication fails

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Dec 3 17:33:05 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 10:51:07PM +0100, Marc Dirix wrote:

> I use hostapd (debian) version 6.9.

Could you please test with hostapd 0.7.0?

> Without authentication I can associate the wireless client without
> problems to the alix pc using a ath5k chipset
> As soon as I enable wpa, or wpa2 authentication it stops working.
>
> I've attached a log of hostapd in debugmode. The client claims the
> password is false, but I've used as simple a password as 12345678,
> and tried others.

It looks like there are problems in getting the EAPOL-Key frames
exchanged between the AP and the station. I think something like this
was fixed a while back, so a quick test with the latest development
version (0.7.0) would be test best next step. If that does not fix the
problem, I would suggest testing with the latest kernel version to make
sure that this is not caused by something that has already been fixed in
ath5k and/or mac80211.