WPA authentication fails

Marc Dirix marc at electronics-design.nl
Thu Dec 3 16:51:07 EST 2009

Hello,

I've tried to find a sollution on the web and in the archives but
failed. Sorry if it was already discussed here.

I use hostapd (debian) version 6.9.

Without authentication I can associate the wireless client without
problems to the alix pc using a ath5k chipset
As soon as I enable wpa, or wpa2 authentication it stops working.

I've attached a log of hostapd in debugmode. The client claims the
password is false, but I've used as simple a password as 12345678, and
tried others.

Can you help me decide further steps to solve the problem?

Best regards,

Marc Dirix