WPS external registrar

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Aug 28 14:04:37 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 05:02:12PM -0700, Pujeri, Prabhakar wrote:

> I am using wpa_supplicant for configuring registrar and I am able to configure pin for AP but there is no option for setting SSID for AP through external registrar I just want to know it supports configuration of SSID through external registrar or not

I'm not sure I understood what you are trying to do, but I'm assuming
you are talking about using wpa_supplicant as an external registrar over
EAP transport. This is documented in README-WPS:

If the client wants to operate in the Registrar role to configure an
AP, wpa_supplicant is notified over the control interface, e.g., with
wpa_cli:

wpa_cli wps_reg <AP BSSID> <AP PIN>
(example: wpa_cli wps_reg 02:34:56:78:9a:bc 12345670)

This is currently only used to fetch the current AP settings instead
of actually changing them. The main difference with the wps_pin
command is that wps_reg uses the AP PIN (e.g., from a label on the AP)
instead of a PIN generated at the client.

In other words, there is currently no support for actually changing the
AP configuration with this.