WPS with wpa_supplicant dbus control interface

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 10:40:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 15:32 +0200, Jaime Soriano Pastor wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 01:36:26PM +0200, Jaime Soriano Pastor wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to use the dbus control interface of wpa_supplicant to
> >> connect to a WPS access point without any success.
> >
> > The dbus interface does not yet support WPS.
> >
> I've exported the methods wpsPbc, wpsReg and wpsPin (patch attached),
> so wpa_supplicant should be able to connect with WPS using the dbus
> interface. I couldn't test it well because the problem seems to be in
> my wireless card, a Broadcom BCM4328. At least it seems to do the same
> using both interfaces. With ndiswrapper driver the "wpsie" entry
> (thanks Dan!) didn't appear, and with the Broadcom wl driver it
> appears but I cannot associate using WPS.
>
> I could connect using an Atheros module and the command line control
> interface (with wps_reg and wps_pbc, not with wps_pin). When I have
> access to the laptop with the Atheros again I'll try the patched
> supplicant, meanwhile it would be nice if someone could test it :)
>
> Do you know if NetworkManager plans to support WPS?

Yes.

What's the usage for 'any' in all the added calls?  What would the flow
look like when using 'any' instead of a real BSSID?  I tend to think we
should probably use ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff there instead of 'any' since it
really should be a MAC address.  But does the normal config file stuff
accept 'any' for those options?

Dan