802.1x supplicant for Solaris sparc hosts?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Apr 1 14:20:04 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 03:08:11PM -0700, John Tabasz (jtabasz) wrote:

> I have been looking for a supplicant that will work on a sparc based
> Solaris system. So far I have come up empty. I can find these for
> Solaris but only for the x86 based systems.
> Can anyone out there point me to a supplicant that will work in this
> situation? The OS level I am running is Solaris 8.

I have no idea about Solaris 8, but Sun has ported wpa_supplicant for
OpenSolaris and it was integrated into build 64 (see wpad(1M)). I don't
know how easy it would be to get this running on your system, but at
least the source code for this is available:
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/laptop/wireless/wpa/