Hostap 5 + madwifi ? + External MAC Address Auth using Dynamic Vlan (Windows Radius Server)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Nov 20 03:45:49 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 03:30:57PM -0600, valdez v. wrote:

> We are working on some Wireless AP firmwares… we are using HostAP 3 and
> HostaAP 5 in each one of them.

What exactly are you referring to with "HostAP 3" and "HostAP 5"?

> while for HostAp 5, It finishes in:
>
> .set_sta_vlan = madwifi_set_sta_vlan

Where did you get this "HostAp 5"?

> I’d also like to know about the PMKSA caching…what is it for? How does
> it work?

It can be used to skip full IEEE 802.1X/EAPOL/EAP authentication when
returning to the same WPA2-Enterprise AP (or with RSN
pre-authentication even when associating with it for the first time if
pre-authentication was used with that AP).