Getting scan result using wpa_supplicant

Raghavendra s.raghu at samsung.com
Thu Nov 6 23:59:02 EST 2008

Hi,

 I am using wpa_supplicant-0.5.9. I am using both wpa_cli and wpa_supplicant
daemon.

As per wpa flow, for scanning wpa_cli should send "scan" command to
wpa_supplicant. Later after some time wpa_cli should send "scan_result", to
get scanned result.
I saw a limit of 2048 bytes in wpa_supplicant while giving scanned result to
wpa_cli. In this 2048 bytes we can get scanned information of max 15-16 APs.

My doubt here is, assume a wi-fi zone with 20 or 30 active APs. In this
wi-fi zone if we use wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli, wpa_supplicant will return
15/16 AP information to wpa_cli. We will not get complete scanned result of
all (20 or 30) the APs in the wi-fi zone.

So I would like to know is there a way to get all the active (20 or 30) AP
information in a wi-fi zone? If so how can i get all 20 or 30 active AP
information using wpa_cli?

-Raghu