wpa_supplicant v0.6.3 loses connection, then reconnects to a different AP

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed May 21 02:59:18 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 09:59:26PM -0700, David Ehrmann wrote:

> An Atheros driver, but under ndiswrapper (it's more stable than madwifi,
> for some reason).

NDIS drivers may not support forced BSSID configuration and I'm not sure
whether ndiswrapper even tries to configure the BSSID in this case.
Consequently, I'm not at all surprised if the driver ends up associating
with another BSS. wpa_supplicant itself should not pick the other BSS if
you have configured a fixed bssid in the network block, but there is not
much it can do if the driver ends up using another BSS anyway..