Can I have one configuration that can handle both OPEN and SHARED WEP authentication?

Lixin Song zjujoe at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 06:33:53 EDT 2008

Dear All:
       I am working with a Marvell 86xx wifi module
under Linux 2.6.
       To connect to an AP of WEP SHARED
authentication, I need following wpa_supplicant
configuration.
network={
        ssid="Test"
        key_mgmt=NONE
        wep_key0=20070201AB
        wep_tx_keyidx=0
        auth_alg=SHARED
}
       To connect to an AP of WEP OPEN authentication,
I need following wpa_supplicant configuration.
network={
        ssid="Test"
        key_mgmt=NONE
        wep_key0=20070201AB
        wep_tx_keyidx=0
}
        My question is: Can I have one configuration
that can handle both OPEN and SHARED WEP
authentication?  (I have tried wpa_supplicant 0.4.7
and 0.5.10. Also, It seems I can not get OPEN or
SHARED info of AP from firmware)
        Best Regards,
        Lixin Song