Could not get PMK

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jun 4 05:30:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 04:05:13PM -0500, David Dudley wrote:

> For some reason, I cannot get wpa_supplicant to send a password.
> mschapv2 fails every time because I can't send a password.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean here.. Password is not "sent" in case
of MSCHAPv2; hash of the password is used to derive a challenge response
which is sent to the server.

> Is there a way I can set the thing up to not require a password?

MSCHAPv2 needs a password to work.. Are you talking about requesting the
password interactively from the user?

> Or is there a way I can get wpa_supplicant to send one?  I have
> password="meter" in my wpa_supplicant.conf file, but it seems to ignore
> it.

Please send debug log from wpa_supplicant with -dd on the command line.
In addition, it would be useful to see your wpa_supplicant.conf to
better understand what exactly you are trying to do.