Hostapd WPA2 and XP Supplicant SUCCESS!

Andrew Tarabaras atp3 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 21 20:51:01 EDT 2008

GNUtoo at no-log.org wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 12:17 +1000, Andrew Tarabaras wrote:
>>
>>> Just want to report success with Hostapd. I changed my hardware from the
>>> ralink rt73 to Broadcom B43. Started working straight away. I get
>>> beacons now.
>> Heh.
>>
>>>   Im throwing my ralink hardware in the bin so I dont wast any more of
>>> my time on it.
>> Send it to me so we can debug it ;) It should be beaconing really. I
>> think my rt61pci does.
> What kernel version do you have?
> Because I had a success with my rt2500 and the 2.6.26(patched for allowing
> master mode(allow-ap-vlan-modes.patch)) kernel...(even with some old
> 2.6.26-rc it failed...freezing the computer...)

I'm using the vanilla 2.6.26 kernel and also tried with rc-6 to 9 before
2.6.26 was released. I saw the change log and I was sure it would work
with the 2.6.26 kernel but it did not.
  I got an acx111 card monitoring the situation and I never saw 1 beacon
frame from the rt73.
  Everything else worked ok, even without the beacon frames I could
connect OK. Only windows XP ndis gave issues.
  I will try it once again in case I missed something and if it still
fails I will send it to you.

Andrew.