WPA IE format

Paresh Sawant paresh.sawant at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 00:46:48 EDT 2008

I think issue out here is there is no "IEEE documented" way to propagate WPA
(or TSN) IE in air.

I could see that wpa_supplicant code identifying the IE using ID # 0xdd and
OUI being 0x00 0x50 0xF2, also wireshark/ethereal show the same.

But is this a right way to go for it? Suppose an AP manufacturer goes for
this in some proprietary way having some other ID and OUI, then code would
fail to function against the AP.

I feel there need to be a standard way to do this, which I fail to find
anywhere.

Thanks
- Paresh