EAP-Ehash developing

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jul 9 12:37:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 02:15:36PM +0000, Cecilia Arenas Bolívar wrote:

> I am a master student from Télécom-Sudparis (previously know as Institut National de Télécom). I am now proposing to develop EAP-Ehash for wpa_supplicant.

I found one article (Nouvelle méthode d’authentification EAP-EHash)
describing EAP-EHash. Is this the main description of the new method or
are there additional descriptions (e.g., an Internet draft)?

> I would like to know  whether hostapd (for AP) support eap-ehash or not?

hostapd supports delivery of all EAP methods to an external server. In
other words, if you are using an external RADIUS authentication server
that support EAP-EHash, you should be able to use it with hostapd. If
you are looking into using the internal EAP server in hostapd, that does
not yet include implementation of EAP-EHash server.

> And also, it would be very helping if you can provide or recommend me documentation or/and  guides (besides the one on hostap site) about starting developing new EAP methods in C to current wpa_supplicant.

I can only point to the developers' documentation for both
wpa_supplicant and hostapd at http://w1.fi/. They include a section on
addition of an EAP method. In addition to that, I would suggest going
through couple of existing EAP method (e.g., EAP-MD5 for a simple
example and say, EAP-GPSK for an example that derives keys).