iwlist scan can't return AuthMode and EncrypTape

李海红 lhh at nbicc.com
Mon Jul 7 03:07:59 EDT 2008

Dear hostap
             I am using Wireless Extension 16, Wireless_tools.26, on kernel 2.4.26.
             And i set my router with AuthMode = WPA-PSK,encrypType=auto,and when use iwlist scan,only get:

         Cell 03 - Address: 00:19:E0:C3:5F:7A
                    Mode:Managed
                    ESSID:"nbicc"
                    Channel:6
                    Encryption key:on
                    Bit Rate:0kb/s

              I know the Encryption is on,but it won't tell me which kind,also when i set router with AuthMode=WEP,
it just tell me Encryption is on,not tell the detail encryption type.
I see somebody list the scan information like follows:
          Cell 01 - Address: 00:12:17:15:E8:BA
                    ESSID:"pieter"
                    Mode:Master
                    Channel:1
                    Frequency:2.412 GHz (Channel 1)
                    Quality=50/100  Signal level=-57 dBm
                    Encryption key:on
                    IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (1) : TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
                              24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s
                              12 Mb/s; 48 Mb/s
                    Extra:tsf=00000008dd4aa90f

           would someone tell me how to show the information:
                  IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (1) : TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK