Problem in Ad-Hoc mode WPA-NONE security... need help.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 11:08:49 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 11:29 +0530, Raghavendra. S wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  I applied back ported ad-hoc mode patch to wpa supplicant-0.5.9. It
> is working fine for when I tested without security. Also ping works.
>
> But when I tried testing with security(WPA-NONE) using below config
> file on both  of the devices it is getting associated but ping is not
> working.

Run /sbin/iwconfig on each machine.  Do they have the same "Access
Point"?

Can you try doing ad-hoc mode with WEP and see if that works?  If not,
can you try configuring both machines with /sbin/iwconfig manually and
see if that works?  Basically, narrow down the issue to whether or not
it's a wpa_supplicant, driver, or random wireless problem.

Dan