Problem in Ad-Hoc mode WPA-NONE security... need help.

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:59:28 EST 2008

Hi All,

 I applied back ported ad-hoc mode patch to wpa supplicant-0.5.9. It
is working fine for when I tested without security. Also ping works.

But when I tried testing with security(WPA-NONE) using below config
file on both  of the devices it is getting associated but ping is not
working.

My config file has following entries. I am using same config file on
two devices.

# cat /tmp/wpa_supplicant.conf.tmp
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=2

network={
                mode=1
                ssid="testboard"
                frequency=2412
                key_mgmt=WPA-NONE
                proto=WPA
                pairwise=NONE
                group=TKIP
                psk="raghu123456"
}

I enabled wpa_supplicant-0.6.1 on Laptop, with above config file.
Then I enabled backported wpa_supplicant-0.5.9 with same/above config file.

Is this set up correct? or I am doing something wrong?

--
Regards & Thanks
Raghavendra. S