implementing new eap method

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Aug 22 12:26:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 06:03:31PM +0200, Chanthearith HUON wrote:

> I am a student from Télécom-sudparis. I am now developing eap-ehash for
> wpa_supplicant.
> I read your implementation page
> "http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/eap_module.html".

> I would like to implement directly ehash to the wpa_supplicant. I have
> tried the source codes
> http://hostap.epitest.fi/releases/wpa_supplicant-0.5.10.tar.gz and tried to
> compile in eclipse but it didnt work.

Did you get any error messages? Did you create build time configuration
(.config) as documented in the README file? As a quick test, you can
copy the example defconfig file to .config and run 'make".

> How to be able to debug, test and compile my new module in wpa_supplicant
> with eclipse with actual freeradius server (freeradius 1.1.6)? which source
> wpa_supplicant codes to download, procedure...

I would suggest that you use the current development branch (0.6.x) for
any new development. You can get the current snapshot with Git or at
least start with the latest 0.6.4 release. The stable branch (0.5.x) is
mainly for bug fixes and all new features need to go through the
development branch (0.6.x at this point).