driver_ndis_.c patch (good compilation)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Aug 10 12:40:06 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 06:14:44PM +0200, Sergio wrote:

> Recently i compiled with openssl support copying libeay32.a and
> libssl32.dll into mingw libraries directory and activating -leay32
> -lssl32 into .config file. The final program has 2MB size, too much i
> think.

OpenSSL is quite large, so I would not be that surprised with 2 MB size
if you link OpenSSL statically. I get about 1.2 MB wpa_supplicant.exe
(after stripping the binary).

> I see you inspired :), what's the point of adding
> ndis_events_integrated? I think that wpa_supplicant will manage by
> itself the system events which lauch ndis server or something like this...

The CONFIG_NDIS_EVENTS_INTEGRATED enabled WMI event processing in
wpa_supplicant. This used to be done with an external helper program
(i.e., that integrated is referring to that functionality now being
included in the main binary). If you do not include WMI event support,
wpa_supplicant will try to survive by polling NDIS for association
status changes. This slows things down and breaks dynamic interface
addition/removal (e.g., WLAN USB dongle) and WPA2 pre-authentication.