driver_ndis_.c patch (good compilation)

Sergio sergioyebenes at alumnos.upm.es
Sun Aug 10 12:14:44 EDT 2008

Jouni Malinen escribió:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 07:41:13PM +0200, Sergio wrote:
>
>> well, i have got a good cross-compilation, i provide my config file
>> (configg) and src/drivers/driver_ndis_.c file, with the patch between
>> /*INICIO PARCHE*/ and /*FIN PARCHE*/.
>>

> This patch should not be needed anymore with the current Git tree
> version.
>

>> 1.-See a file included in winpcap development files 4.0.2, called
>> Devioctl.h which should be called devioctl although in beta version, the
>> developers don't include it
>>

> I've copied devioctl.h into my local header file directory..
>

>> 2.- WMI it's necessary (at least wmi core && wmi sdk, for windows)
>>    2.1.- it's necessary Microsoft SDK\LibWbemUuid.Lib at least (it compile
>> with only this lib)
>>

> Yes, or well, I think the file is WbenUuid.Lib (or at least that's the
> one I have in my local library directory). I've also added WinSCard.Lib
> for smartcard support.
>

>>    2.2.- Microsoft SDK\include files are in upper letter but, those which
>> are necessary (those which?¿) are referred with lower letter. The files
>> are:
>>        wbemidl.h
>>        wbemcli.h
>>        wbemprov.h
>>        wbemtran.h
>>        wbemdisp.h, which calls dispex.h
>>    I've just copied it into i586-mingw32msvc/include/ddk directory
>>

> Yes, all needed in local header files at least with the MinGW w32api
> version I'm using.
>

>> -with openssl options, my header files can't be linked
>>
>> -DCONFIG_NDIS_EVENTS_INTEGRATED   -c
>> -o ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.o ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c
>> ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:23:25: warning: openssl/ssl.h: No existe el
>> fichero o el directorio
>>

> You need to have built and installed OpenSSL library for the cross
> compiler.
>

>> i don't understand it. also i've tried with header files and libraries from
>> windows-openssl implementation
>>

> I would expect header files to be fine (just need to have on search
> path), but I don't know whether the library files work as-is. I find it
> easier to just cross compile OpenSSL and then use the matching
> header/library files from that.
>

>> -Is necessary to compile with pc/sc options to make work smartcard?? (i
>> suspect yes)
>>

> Yes.
>

>> -the compilation doesn't add ".exe" extensions, just add it into Makefile
>> or later?
>>

> You can run 'make windows-bin' (or 'make wpa_supplicant.exe', etc.) if
> you want make to rename the binaries to include .exe.

Hi,

Recently i compiled with openssl support copying libeay32.a and
libssl32.dll into mingw libraries directory and activating -leay32
-lssl32 into .config file. The final program has 2MB size, too much i
think. Supporting smartcard doesnt require pc/sc at least for
eapol_test.exe (yeah! i can compile <what_i_need.exe> directly) but i'll
try with WinSCard.Lib to add more improvements. Also now i know how to
apply a patch under linux :). For devioctl file i asked at winpcap
mailing list and they said that devioctl isn't necessary and in beta
version are leave out.
I see you inspired :), what's the point of adding
ndis_events_integrated? I think that wpa_supplicant will manage by
itself the system events which lauch ndis server or something like this...