utf-8 under windows (was: ascii code into identity field)

Sergio sergioyebenes at alumnos.upm.es
Thu Aug 7 14:34:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm running a cross-compiled version of wpa_supplicant 0.6.3. I know
linux use UTF-8 for internal processing and wpa_supplicant under linux
works ok for me. Also i know that windows not use UTF-8 for internal
processing and because of this, my Identity field into configuration
file is creating me problems with an accent. Changing the format type
with notepad not works, because the parsing fails at the end of network
block (incredible):
Priority group 0
  id=0 ssid='kely'
Failed to parse configuration file 'wpa_supplicant.conf'

Should i kill my windows installation?

Thanks