hostapd new driver question

Chuck Tuffli CTuffli at dspg.com
Mon Apr 14 18:24:16 EDT 2008

I'm looking for advice on how to go about adding hostapd support to our
Linux device driver. Some info that might be useful

- the device driver as a STA uses the wpa_supplicant via the WEXT driver
- the device driver already works as an unsecured AP
- of the things I can change, the kernel version (2.6.17) isn't one of
them

It looks like there isn't a WEXT equivalent for hostapd. Given that,
which of the existing drivers might be a good starting point?

Is there a guide I missed that addresses some of this?

TIA

---chuck