~300 bytes length packets TKIP encryption problem

hostap.20.BertrandB at spamgourmet.com hostap.20.BertrandB at spamgourmet.com
Tue May 15 14:05:04 EDT 2007

Hello,

On my laptop Tochiba Linux portable 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 #1 Sat May 12
21:51:49 CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU                1066MHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I found a problem with tkip

With my test I found problems (wifi0: TX - encryption failed) with
299 or 300 bytes length packet
but not with 295 or 305 byte lenght packets.

The same laptop under windows with WSC guard has not the same problem.
Under windows the encryption is made by the card (Prism2.5).

When I switch my AP from TKIP to AES(CCMP) All work fine.