Segmentation Fault (Hostapd-0.5.7)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 7 23:56:04 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 06:25:52PM +1000, Nazeer Khan wrote:

> I am getting segmentation fault at the line which i have commented out in
> the function. => cb(iface, status);

> static int setup_interface_finalize(struct hostapd_iface *iface, int status)
> {
> 	hostapd_iface_cb cb;
> 	cb = iface->setup_cb;
> //	cb(iface, status);

> If i don't comment it out, i am getting segmentation fault here. I have
> checked the value of iface and status, both are valid and iface is not
> NULL.

> I am using hostapd-0.5.7 with madwifi-ng for EAP-TLS and EAP-PSK. If i
> comment out, both the schemes work fine. If i don't, i cannot setup the
> interface.
>
> I was woundering what cb() is doing here ???

This callback was added to allow some of the initialization code to run
for extended periods of time (e.g., radar detection). However, the code
that would need this has not been merged into hostapd yet. This is quite
recent change, so there has not been that much testing on it. Then
again, this is the first time I hear a report of segfault here.

Could you please verify that cb is looking like a valid pointer? It
should be pointing to setup_interface_done().

Could you please send your configuration file (feel free to remove any
passwords and private data), so that I can try to reproduce this?