Intersil (AMBIT) Prism 2.5, 3872 chipset

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Wed Mar 21 17:12:10 EDT 2007

Roberto Guida wrote:

> Do someone know if hostap_pci supports it?

Yes it should.

> dmesg | grep wifi0:
> hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wifi0
> wifi0: Original COR value: 0x0
> wifi0: NIC: id=0x8022 v1.0.0
> wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
> wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6
> wifi0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xe0500000, irq=11
> wifi0: registered netdevice wlan0
> wifi0: Host AP mode does not support 'Any' essid

For better performance the STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6 can be updated to
STA: id=0x1f v1.7.4. See http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/

> I notice that the HWaddr is strange, it is not the MAC address of the
> wireless that instead is 00:02:8A:A0:83:D6, but it is much longer!! what
> are that numbers after the right MAC address?
>
> If I try to connect to my router, i get
> dhclient wifi0:

Forget the wifi0 interface. There should exists wlan0 interface also,
which you should use instead of wifi0. See
http://hostap.epitest.fi/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/hostap/FAQ?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

and

"6. Why did I get two network interfaces (wlan0 and wifi0) even when I
have only one wireless card?"

--
Best Regards, Jar