Getting information from a received packet's header

Varga Dávid duvi at duvinet.hu
Mon Mar 19 08:01:58 EDT 2007

I've enabled promiscuous mode with:
iwpriv wlan0 set_rid_word 64645 1
Does it differ from your solution. How could I use that?

Anyway, this seems to work with the firmware on this card.
The only thing I noticed (e.g. in ping) that it sometimes receives frames
duplicated, but this doesn't seem to effect speed negatively.

About the firmware modifying the packets:
It did, when I was trying to send frames with FromDS=1. But when I used
adhoc-like packets (FromDS, ToDS = 0), it didn't touch them.

Thank you for your answer!
David