wpa_supplicant-0.6.0 Ad-Hoc mode

Patrick Grimm patrick at lunatiki.de
Wed Jun 6 05:25:36 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2007 04:19:01 schrieb Jouni Malinen:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 12:33:55AM +0200, Patrick Grimm wrote:
> > I have try to connect a mesh adhoc network with wpa_supplicant.
> > But this does not work.
>
> Could you please send the configuration file you used with
> wpa_supplicant?
>
> > Then I have look at the source and I find the Bug?
>
> Could you please be more specific on what exactly you mean with this?
> The patch you included seems to be removing a valid check of an AP
> actually being an AP when processing scan results. This code is not
> supposed to be used for IBSS case.
---------------wpa_supplicant.conf--------------------------------
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
update_config=1

network={
	scan_ssid=1
	ssid="olsr.freifunk.net"
	#bssid=02:CA:FF:EE:BA:BE
	#bssid=02:00:80:bc:0c:98
	frequency=2457
	#frequency=2412
	key_mgmt=NONE
	priority=10
	mode=1
}
In events.c 374-424
	wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "Try to find WPA-enabled AP");
there is no check if ad-hoc but in events.c 428-494
	wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "Try to find non-WPA AP");
is a check if ad-hoc  then skip.
Why?
sry for my bad english

greetings pat