Trouble connecting to wpa tkip peap network

Craig Harding craigwharding at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:50:08 EST 2007

Hi I'm having trouble connecting to my school network and I'm getting some
errors from wpa_supplicant. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I
can fix this. My card in windows works on the school network and I know the
linux driver work as it works with ndiswrapper on my home network.

OS: SuSe 10.0 Linux
Wireless driver: ndiswrapper (Broadcom, bcmwl5)

My config file (from school computing center):

# BEGIN CONFIG FILE
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=users
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2
fast_reauth=1

network={
        ssid="stu"
        proto=WPA
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        identity="USERNAME"
        password="PASSWORD"
        phase1="include_tls_length=1 peaplabel=0"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
}
# END CONFIG FILE

The wpa_supplicant command I'm using:
   wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -ddd

The output from wpa_supplicant that I believe where the problem lies is:

# BEGIN OUTPUT
EAP: EAP entering state RECEIVED
EAP: Received EAP-Request method=25 id=2
EAP: EAP entering state GET_METHOD
EAP: initialize selected EAP method (25, PEAP)
EAP-PEAP: Phase2 EAP types - hexdump(len=1): 1a
OpenSSL: tls_connection_ca_cert - Failed to load root certificates
error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
OpenSSL: pending error: error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such
file
OpenSSL: pending error: error:0B084002:x509 certificate
routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib
TLS: Failed to set TLS connection parameters
EAP-PEAP: Failed to initialize SSL.
# END OUTPUT

If someone could help me out I'd really appreciated it, I'm having a really
hard time trying to get my connection working in linux.