preshared key for wpa-psk in wireless linux

Haleh Yasrebi hyasrebi at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 09:28:36 EDT 2006

how to match a pre-shared key between router wireless configuration and linux network manager in wpa-psk mode? I used at least 8 character pre-shared key in router cofiguration. I used the same (in letter) in key field in network configuration manager for wireless. I can't get connected to internet. I used the same (in hexa, preceeded by 0x) in key field in network configuration manager for wireless. I can't get connected to internet. but I can make wireless work under linux if I turn the key off or if I use wpa-automatic that genrates key in hexa automatically