Please, reply to my question.

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Thu Oct 12 06:30:17 EDT 2006

권정호 wrote:
> In order to run hostap supporting WPA2, does it need to run both hostap
> and hostapd on my laptop?
>
> If not, does it need to run only hostapd if I use ahteros device using
> madwifi driver?

Correct, you only need madwifi (which is the driver for your
Atheros-based wireless card) and hostapd (which uses the driver to turn
the card into a WPA access point).

Tell us about your configuration: what are you trying to achieve (which
clients, authentication method, encryption, ...). Please show us your
configuration file but be sure to remove sensitive information such as
keys and possibly the SSID.

Regards, Jan