Please, reply to my question.

Piotr Zawadzki pzawadzki at polsl.pl
Thu Oct 12 04:44:54 EDT 2006

Dnia czwartek, 12 października 2006 10:09, 권정호 napisał:
> I have tried to run hostap supporting WPA2 on my laptop, but I can’t run
> it.
>
> I know there are actually two parts to hostap; hostapd and hostap driver.
>
> I’m using lan card using madwifi chipset, so I’m trying to run
> hostap_daemon on my laptop.
If you are going to convert your laptop into access point then you need only
hostapd. The hostap (already included in newer kernels) is the driver for
Prism2 based cards and has nothing to do with atheros based cards.
The configuration file for hostapd working in WPA2 mode with the shared key
authentication is as follows
--- file hostapd.conf ---
interface=ath0
driver=madwifi
ssid=EnterSSID
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
wpa=3
wpa_passphrase=EnterSharedPassword
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=CCMP
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
---

The network interface card should work in the AP mode, so place
in /etc/modprobe.conf
-- /etc/modprobe.conf
options ath_pci autocreate=ap
--
And remember that hostapd can run WPA2 AP on atheros card only if its firmware
support that mode (it should be explicitly stated on the box). Otherwise you

> Sorry about my poor English.
Sorry, too

--
Piotr Zawadzki, Silesian University of Technology
retrieve public key from http://www.keyserver.net