WPA Python Bindings

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Fri Mar 3 17:23:09 EST 2006

Sorry for the double-post; e-mail is so busted and deprecated,
ugh... .:)

We are developing a PyGTK based GUI for our customers to finally,
once-and-for-all, smash wireless issues.

I've written a sensible set of Python bindings for both libiw and
wpa_supplicant, both of which are freely available to anyone who might
be interested.

pywpa --> http://downloads.emperorlinux.com/contrib/pywpa
pyiw  --> http://downloads.emperorlinux.com/contrib/pyiw

(I chose not to simply devote time to improving NetworkManager--the
other killer app--since it's written in C. Even though I'm a C
programmer, you just don't get work done fast that way.)

Thanks for making a great piece of software. Working with WPA--and it's
ctrl interface--is a pleasure.

P.S. Though I'm sure this has come up before, I'll ask again: is there
work underway (or would there be opposition to me doing so) for creating
DBUS hooks in wpa_supplicant?