Hostapd + WPA PEAP + Win XP SP2 supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jul 25 23:46:25 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:31:33PM +0200, Vincent Maurin wrote:

> I have set up an access point WPA-PEAP TKIP.
>
> I can connect with Intel PROSet supplicant, and Windows XP SP2 Supplicant.
>
> But with the Windows one, the connection takes more than one minute, and
> during this minute,
>
> the supplicant seems to do nothing and I get this kind of debug message from
> hostapd

Have you tried enabling tracing on the Microsoft supplicant in order to
get more information on what it could be doing? You can do this by
setting EnableFileTracing to 1 in WinXP registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\EAPOL
and the log file will be written to %windir%\tracing\eapol.log. In
addition to EAPOL tracing, there are also other related tracing areas in
WinXP that could provide more information on what exactly is happening.
Based on your description, there is not much that could be observed
outside the supplicant, so taking a look at Windows tracing logs could
be the easiest way of learning more.