wpa_supplicant (EAP-TLS) + RADIUS (Free radius) + AP

Anuranjani Nandakumar n.anuranjani at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:27:30 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I am trying to configure wpa_supplicant in Windows which has a netgear
wg311v2 card. I am using FreeRadius as the backend server. Linksys
WRT54G is the AP.
My configuration are as follows:
In FreeRadius:
	-Edited radiusd.conf to enable "eap" in authenticate.
	-Edited eap.conf:
 	eap {
              	 default_eap_type = tls
               	 timer_expire     = 60
       	 tls {
                       private_key_password = *********
                       private_key_file =   ${raddbdir}/certs/server_keycert.pem
                       certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/server_keycert.pem
                       CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cacert.pem
                       dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
                       random_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/random
                       fragment_size = 1024
                     }
                 }

In the Access point:
	Linksys WRT54G has the following wireless security options:
	Security mode:  Disabled
	                          WPA Personal
		     WPA Enterprise
		     WPA2 Personal