or does wpa_supplicant get it right? :-)

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon Jan 16 22:03:54 EST 2006

Holger Schurig wrote:
> There is no kernel hermes driver. The driver from Agere that I use
> for my card, wl_lkm_718_release.tar.gz, is so ugly written that it
> will never be accepted into Linus' kernel.

ndiswrapper perhaps, then?

> I'm not sure if the kernel driver or driver_hermes support WE >= 18,
> how do I find out?

I have no idea.  That comment was only applicable if you use -Dwext,
though -- I don't believe there's any reason to bother with the WE
version if you're using some random other driver.

However, at this point, the best thing I can come up with is to try
ndiswrapper and the Windows drivers for this card.  (wlags sounds like
an Agere chipset...  hmm.)  If that doesn't work, I don't really know of
anything else to try.