two wpa_supplicants over two virtual interfaces problem

Javi Bustamante webo_ at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 07:35:17 EST 2006

Hello,

I have a little problem with the wpa_supplicant. I have a computer with one
ethernet card and two virtual interfaces: eth0 and eth0:1. I have two
wpa_supplicant proccess running, one of them associated to the eth0
interface and the other to the eth0:1. I have done this in order to get
authenticated with two different hostapd proccess (to do this I have forced
the MAC address destination from the spanning-tree-address, to each hostapd
MAC address). The problem is that the messages which come from the hostapds
to the wpa_supplicants are read by both supplicants so the authentication
fails (All this is done over wired driver).

Has anyone tried any similar configuration or has any idea on how to solve
this? Is there any way to asssign different MACs to virtual interfaces?

Thanks in advance.

Javier Bustamante.