Association Problems. (WPA_Supplicant 0.5.1 + Madwifi-ng20060210)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Feb 27 22:27:33 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 09:20:30AM -0800, Chad Meister wrote:

> Well, if your looking for a stable version of
> madwifi-ng, I'm using svn version r1437 on GNU/Linux
> kernel 2.6.13.1.

I'm using r1453 and that seems to work, too, without major problems.

> Even though I've enable CCMP, instead of TKIP, I don't
>  think it's a genuine RSN setup, but some sort of
> hybrid , maybe TSN. (wifi alphabet soup).  This is
> because I can't set the hostapd.conf variable: wpa=1.
> It only works as wpa=0.

Do you mean: cannot set it to wpa=2 or wpa=3? wpa=0 would mean that
WPA/WPA2 is disabled completely..

> I think this is some sort of bug in hostapd, but there
> is a workaround patch for it, I think, at madwifi.org.

I believe the driver had a bug that was fixed and that fix happened to
change the interface to hostapd which required yet another change..
Anyway, the current CVS/SVN versions seem to work fine with WPA, WPA2
and mixed WPA+WPA2 mode. This was fixed around r1453, so your version is
likely too old to have the needed changes.