can't get wpasupplicant to authenticate against router using wpa-psk

Andreas Berglund andreas.berglund at home.se
Tue Feb 14 17:06:50 EST 2006

Hi!

I'm having some problems with wpasupplicant. I can't get it to
authenticate against my wireless router using wpa-psk. I'm using a
netgear wg311t with madwifi. I know it works because I have gotten it to
work before.

This is the message i get when starting wpasupplicant and running wpa_cli.
"<2>Trying to associate with SSID 'myssid'"
"<2>Authentication with xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx timed out."

And if I run status in wpa_cli this is what I get:
sid=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
ssid=myssid
pairwise_cipher=TKIP
group_cipher=TKIP
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_state=ASSOCIATING
Supplicant PAE state=DISCONNECTED
suppPortStatus=Unauthorized
EAP state=DISABLED

The versions of the software I'm using are
kernel: 2.6.15
wpa_supplicant: 0.4.0-1
madwifi: revision 1391

The modules loaded pertaining to madwifi are:
wlan_scan_sta
wlan_tkip
ath_pci
ath_rate_sample
wlan
ath_hal

I have attached my wpa_supplicant.conf to the end of the message.
Thanks in advance for any help.

regards
Andreas Berglund

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant