Sometimes ap_scan=2 and sometimes not...

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:37:42 EST 2006

Hi,

Since Fedora Core five is supposed to be released sometime this
coming March I thought I would do a "all at once" install of
FC4 into a spare partition on my scratch disk.

I have installed the same kernel/wireless extensions/ieee stacks
as in my "regular" linux on my internal drive. I have a IPW2200
wireless board.

My router is set for WPA AES ( it is a linksys 54G ) and is
set not to broadcast the ssid.

With my regular linux I do not have ap_scan=2 and connect at
boot time with no problem.

With the new system I had to add the ap_scan=2 in order to connect.

Is there any rational reason for this behavior?

Jerry