failure after 4 way handshake

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sun Oct 30 14:11:41 EST 2005

matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jouni Malinen wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:47:36PM +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
>>

>>> the RX frame is 8 byte too long and the encrypted packet is 8 bytes
>>> too short. And the LLC header is 8 bytes long.
>>

>> That extra 8 bytes could be Michael MIC in the end of the frame that the
>> driver might need to remove (and maybe add for TX?).
>>
> You should be right : the driver write 8 extra bytes at the end of the
> packet when transmitting.

You are right : the driver should add the mic key.
But I failed to compute the MIC key :( I should be a very stupid error,
but I can't find it.
Could you check if what I am doing is right or give me a link where
there is a doc how to compute a MIC key.

I attach a test that decrypt and compute the mic key of an encrypted packet.

thanks

Matthieu