failure after 4 way handshake

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sat Oct 22 19:00:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:47:36PM +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
>

>>the RX frame is 8 byte too long and the encrypted packet is 8 bytes too
>>short. And the LLC header is 8 bytes long.
>

> That extra 8 bytes could be Michael MIC in the end of the frame that the
> driver might need to remove (and maybe add for TX?).

You should be right : the driver write 8 extra bytes at the end of the
packet when transmitting.

But when I try to compute the MIC from the packet I don't obtain the
same value.

I attach the program that compute the MIC (extracted from hostap). Do I
compute the MIC correctly ?

thanks

Matthieu

PS : I also attach a dump of what the driver send to the card.